Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Blaming the Jews and Israel-- helping to feed the current frenzy to blame the victim

When  I appear before Jewish groups, I am amazed at their general lack of knowledge of  the history of the Holocaust and of the Middle East.That is one of the reasons I circulate the works of Professor Michael Berenbaum and articles from a wide range of qualified sources.
For  all of my  military, academic and industrial careers I was an active left of center  Democrat. My Boy Scout participation (from 11 years old to 29 years old) gave me a moral code. My military involvement, more than my PhD, gave me the  training and skills necessary for problem identification and evaluation of alternative proposed solutions. My educational involvement gave me the desire  for research and training of future generations. My extensive involvement as a government advisor and as a consultant to numerous “think tanks” gave me insight as to the potentials of government and also the limitations   and risks involved in Government controls.  My extensive  involvement ( as their  professor, advisor, and mentor) with graduate students (in economics, public health, etc.) from throughout the Islamic world and my participation in  projects involving the Palestinians and in back channel dialogues with the militaries and political leaders of several Arab countries first gave me hope and then gave me despair.

 The article below , unfortunately,  helps me to  understand the genesis much of the unwarranted criticism and loaded questions that I receive from Jewish audiences concerning Israel and the Middle East.


Blind Eye to the Evidence

No comments:

Post a Comment